Wednesday, April 23, 2008

for real... in all honesty....

everyone i know (...or don't know...) thinks i might be a little obsessed with quads. this is true. for many years - even before i started measuring them - i loved to talk about strong quads.

but, in all honesty, you know what i really think the sexiest body part is?

the forearm.

i know, i know. not so exciting. i can't tell you what it is about forearms that i think is really hot...or what makes a hot vs. not forearm. in her interview, karla mentioned that us midwesterners are reserved, prudish, and wholesome (well, perhaps those are my words, nevertheless)... perhaps that has something to do about my attraction to forearms... back in ohio, sometime in the 9 months of winter, where we were all bundled up with turtlenecks and sweaters... if i was lucky guys would roll up their long sleeved shirt a few times, exposing their pastey white forearm. ....perhaps that is the etiology of my puritan forearm attraction.

while i think forearms are sexy, i have never had nice forearms... just kinda blah and fleshy. but today i looked at my forearms, and they were a bit better than blah. i think i even saw a tiny tiny muscle in the upper forearm and perhaps even-- if you squinted very, very hard - the beginning of an indentation line. i guess man-handling my handlebars as of late has had some rewards.

now, regarding this picture above...please note, i am not all for measuring forearms.... honestly, i just google imaged "forearm" it was the fifth picture that came up. i had to use it. quite serendipitous, really.

speaking of which, the quad measurement for week is: 60.75cm

11 comments:

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

I personally find the brachial radialis extremely sexy.

chatterbox said...

manhandling men will also develop your forearms - in case the bike thing eventually loses its luster!

Audra Marie Dewitt said...

After I stopped racing bikes and started running, I realized I looked like a t-rex/pear. Um, also did I mention I would pass out after like, 15 push ups? Now I can 35 in a row and I have forearms that popeye would envy. I'm like GI Jane, braugh!

Hope you are doing a Thurs port tonight...I feel the need to have an interval workout...

Itinerant Rick said...

Popeye arms? That was the way longshoremen arms looked in the days they manually off-loaded cargo. Nothing like schlepping boxes out of a cargo hold to build up the forearms, in case you need a better workout for that region.

Laura said...

My forearm is blue-ish on the at the moment, which I think looks hella tough.

You might want to break your elbow, but just a little.

place_holder said...

if the beginning of an indentation line later reveals itself as a blood vessel, then, it's called "the sign of aging."

Shiny said...

I am not alone in my attraction to forearms! I like lean forearms, where I can see the tendons move when he wiggles his fingers. Woowoo! These can often be found on guitar players.

Anonymous said...

post a picture of your forearm(s)
anyone is welcome to jump in on this one

beth bikes! said...

"anon"- how the hell did you find this? i think this is definitely indication that i need to start blogging again, if you are drifting back to spring '08 archives.

Shiny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shiny said...

Oops I made a mess by not posting the pic correctly and then deleting and re-posting. My bad.
Anyway, not mine, but here's my hubby's yummy forearm.
http://i29.tinypic.com/2mph44y.jpg